Jul 10, 2013

90s Inspiration


My favorite decade for fashion has to be the 90s. I may be biased because I grew up in the 90s but honestly, other decades do not appeal to me as much. I love everything about the 90s - the plaid shirts, Dr. Martens, florals...the list goes on and on. When I was growing up, I did not get my inspiration from looking at magazines or surfing the web (this was kind of hard back then), but from simply watching TV. I watched TV shows and movies for entertainment but also because I liked seeing all the clothes. The show that I mostly loved watching (and still watch) for fashion inspiration has to be Saved by the Bell. I loved watching it because of Kelly Kapowski! She was pretty awesome in my book and I always wanted to wear all of her clothes. Her style is quintessential of the 90s. These are some of the shows and movies that really stick out to me when I think of 90s fashion.
 

Saved by the Bell




 
 
Clueless




 

Married with Children




Let me know what your favorite decade is for fashion and if you used to watch any of these shows and movies!


*All images via Google.com


18 comments:

  1. I loved these films. And of course Beverly Hills 90210. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. clueless! <3 i love love love that movie, brings back memories ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love clueless and saved by the bell. I could rewatch clueless 100 times :). .

    http://itsjustprecious.blogspot.com

    precious. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration xx
    Thanks for commenting on my blog, let me know if you want to follow each other :)

    www.loverandshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very inspiring post, my dear! : )
    Have a nice day,
    Linda
    www.acupofme-acm.com
    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Saved by the Bell and Clueless!!!!!!! this post made me so happy...90's fashion is awesome, I feel like fashion is going back in time

    http://themissore.blogspot.com/2013/07/welcome-to-new-jersey-your-new-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the choice of examples! & I must agree, the style was great :) rosalynlees.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing post! All of 90s look is amazing and you make me think it over again all the look coming back a lot currently! Great post dear!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so obsessed with Clueless ;) Great post & so true!!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really good post!!
    I love the pictures too!! =D

    Big kiss,
    http://touchofpurple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. great inspirations!! I've got interested in 90' fashion because of this post!! xx

    http://lavender-fashion-xxx.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  12. married with children, yes please! love the pics you picked : )

    lacee swan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, the 90's was amazing for TV - definitely one of my favorite decade! I loved Clueless (the TV show, not so much the movie!).


    laviedetaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen all these series and the movie! It's so crazy how much influence we have form those! It's super cool! When I watched them back in the day I think I never saw or recognized the trends, I guess I was too young hehehe or too entertain by the situations! lol! In clueless was almost impossible not to notice their fashion, I really enjoyed that movie!
    great post!!!
    Di
    LaVieColoree.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG you're totally right, I used to watch wayyyy too much Tv growing up in the 90's, I was obsessed with Clueless! and also loved the style of Saved by the Bell, classic!

    I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin' , hope to see you around and thanks for stopping by my blog. Xo.

    Www.TheRooftopOnline.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love reading them all, they make my day :)