Feb 24, 2013

Chamomile Tea

I am someone that is always trying to find natural alternatives to medicine (drugs) that are found in pharmacies and that most people take. I have always known that chamomile tea is great for having a good night's rest and for upset stomachs. I started taking it at nighttime so I can have a better sleep and not wake up during the night. It really does help in that and but I also noticed that my digestive system has been functioning better. I started to research the benefits of chamomile tea and found that it is a great remedy for a few more other things. Drinking this tea every day can prevent colds and help boost your immune system. I hope I don't jinx myself, but I have not gotten sick in the past few months, and I usually always get a cold at least once in the winter. Chamomile tea is also good at relieving menstrual cramps and headaches which most of us ladies tend to get every month. I usually just take Tylenol for this since nothing else seems to work but I am definitely going to start to drink chamomile tea at the first symptom of cramps! This tea can also help expedite the healing any type of wound.
Of course, everything should be taken with moderation and even though chamomile tea is natural, it can have its own side effects. Everyone is different, so drinking one cup of tea every other few days can be good at first to see how your body reacts. I usually drink one cup mostly every night but especially on nights that I feel tired and need more rest than usual or whenever I've had a rough day at work so I can relax :-)
Enjoy the good night's sleep and extra benefits!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love reading them all, they make my day :)